30.6.10

Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival hosted by the lovely ladies over at YA Highway. Every Wednesday, they post a topic, and they invite people to answer the question on their respective blogs.

Today's topic is:


What was the best book you read in June?


This is a very tough decision to make because I have read a lot this month.

Okay, here we go:



I picked up this book because I had been hearing so many great things about it. But when I read the first few pages, I wasn't exactly hooked, but I was really intrigued. I liked the sparse writing style Miss McMann seemed to have and the fact that Janie can see other people's dreams, well, I don't know about you, but I think that is beyond AWESOME. As I got to know Janie, and her relationship with the other characters, especially the one she has with Cabel, who I adore, I began to like her, and before I knew it I was finished with the book, and begging for more.


Fade, in my opinion, was way better than Wake. It explored Janie and Cabel's relationship a little bit more, and I won't give anything away but it was really really REALLY intense. The writing style is almost the same as it was in Wake, if not better, and honestly Fade sent shivers down my spine. I finished it last night, and I can't stop thinking about it.


Another book that I felt was really good that I read this month was Stolen by Lucy Christopher. If you haven't read this book, then I suggest you go borrow it from the library, or go out to your nearest bookstore and buy it because it was a stunning read. Really gripping.
The first page took my breath away with the descriptions and it was interesting to read a book where I really didn't hate Ty a.k.a Gem's kidnapper. He treated her kindly and he seemed sweet, though a little crazy, and it was sad how it ended, but the descriptions, the writing style, the story in and of itself was an amazing read. Also, isn't that cover simply gorgeous?



2 comments

I don't know why but I couldn't really get into Wake :/

But I'm adding Stolen to my read list!

REPLY

great picks. I liked Wake better than fade :)

and, yeah, Stolen FTW :)

REPLY

Love Letters to Forever . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates