12.8.11


So...I usually write contemporary.

I like contemporary.

If it's done right, it's magical.

But you know what else I like?

Shows like Doctor Who and The X-Files. Books with kick-ass heroines and high stakes. I am the girliest of girls but that doesn't mean I don't like "getting my hands dirty".

This is exactly what I'm doing with this new project.

Getting my hands dirty.

And you know what, guys?

I'M SCARED OUT OF MY MIND.

This idea is new territory.

It's a mix of dystopian + fantasy + steampunk and...I don't know how I came up with it since I normally write contemporary and I normally don't outline or plot or anything!

There's a lot of worldbuilding I have to do. A LOT of decisions to make.

Guys...when I first thought of Faye (my main character) and her world I honestly didn't think I could do it justice.

I was scared of what would happen if it sucks. I still am scared but...

I like being scared.

I like taking risk.

You never know unless you try right?

So how about you guys? Have you taken any risk with your writing? Or do you like to play it safe?

Happy Friday!

3 comments

Hear hear! Nothing wrong with trying out a new genre and seeing how it goes. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but at least you tried, and probably had some fun along the way.

Good luck with your new project!

REPLY

I know exactly how you feel. The best thing to do is just write and see where it takes you. :)

REPLY

LOL!! I feel that way about the ONE contemporary YA I want to write!!

REPLY

Love Letters to Forever . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates