21.7.14



HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS
I worked on Love in the Time of Comic Con. I didn't get much done because other things came up but it's better than nothing. I also finished writing this week's article for Carpe Juvenis (the online publication that I write for), so I was partially productive this week.

MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
Try to write more because, really, trying is the only thing I can do at this point. I have less than 35 days until I go back to school, so I'm going to try my best to make these last days of my summer vacation count.

A FAVORITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED

This is from LitToCC:

Sometimes people are too blind to see what’s right in front of them. Sometimes they just need for someone to peel open their eyelids and show them the big picture. But I didn’t want to have to be that person for my parents. I’m their daughter not their freakin’ marriage counselor.

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
The fact that I had other things to do last week. Even though I do have about a month until I go back to school, this time of year is always a little hectic in terms of preparation.


SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP
It's letting me be as nerdy as I want to be. My friends don't watch the same shows that I watch and they definitely don't understand my love for Doctor Who (I know...one day I'll get them to watch it) so this story is like my nerdy outlet. I don't have to worry about it giving me the blank stares my friends sometimes give me when I make references to TV shows that I like hehe.




I hope everyone had a productive week. Good luck with this one!
 

12 comments

Wow, loved loved loved the lines you shared. So. Much. Voice! Cheering you on for this week!

REPLY

Love the idea of a story as a nerdy outlet! Your project sounds like a lot of fun (and the title is awesome!). Hope you have a productive week!

REPLY

Nerdy outlets, FTW! I am geeking out with the math inferences in my story, so I get it. Completely. :) Also, good luck with the goals this week! I hope you get a lot of writing done. Summer is actually my laziest and typically unproductive time of year in terms of writing which is why I am so glad to have RSW to keep me accountable. PHEW! Hope you have a wonderfully productive week!

REPLY

I love that you've found a nerdy outlet in your WiP, and best of luck finding more time to work on it, Raven. Have a wonderful week!

REPLY

Yay for nerdy outlets (and Doctor Who is awesome. Period.) That snippet is chucked full of voice. Hope you get lots of time for writing in and a great week!

REPLY

oooh, I'm liking that line. Parent drama can be the hardest. Hope you can find the time to write. Life can be pretty hectic at times. But you're right about trying, sometimes it's the best you can do.

REPLY

I love Doctor Who. I was luck enough to be introduced to it buy several friends in college. I'm glad you can channel your inner nerd for you novel .Good Luck. thanks for sharing.

REPLY

That title is amazing! I would pick that up based on the title alone, but it looks like you've got a great voice, too. Good luck on your writing this week! I hope you make more progress before school starts.

REPLY

Ohmygosh I LOVE that title! I'd read it based on THAT ALONE!
I'm only starting season 2 of Doctor Who so I'm not into total fangirling yet, but the other day, I was with my hubs and some friends and we saw a bumper sticker that said something like, "my other car is a TARDIS" And none of them knew what it meant! Boo.

REPLY

Yes! I love it when I can be nerdy. Most of my friends don't watch the same shows I do or read the same books I do so a manuscript is the perfect place to nerd out. Keep on going! You can do a lot in one month.

REPLY

I love that this WIP is your nerd outlet! That's so fun! Honestly, it's amazing that you get any writing done at all considering you go to school for most of the year. I really hope you can get a huge chunk done in this last month or so before you head back! Have a super week!

REPLY

I never watched Doctor Who when I lived in UK, too spooky for me.

I like your line, makes want to know what's going with the protagonist's parents. have a nice weekend

REPLY

Love Letters to Forever . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates