25.3.10

Captivating Thursday is a meme hosted by Choco over at In Which A Girl Reads. Her blog is amazing, so if you haven't checked it out yet, do so now. But Captivating Thursday is all about finding beautiful things and bringing them together in one post. It could be a picture, a poem, a video, a quote or anything you see that makes your heart flutter.



"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will."

~ Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre


"Everyone gets lost at one point. It's how they find themselves that counts."

~ Raven Ashley, Mirror, Mirror

I shall forget you presently, my dear,
So make the most of this, your little day,
Your little month, your little half a year,
Ere I forget, or die, or move away,
And we are done forever; by and by
I shall forget you, as I said, but now,
If you entreat me with your loveliest lie
I will protest you with my favorite vow.
I would indeed that love were longer-lived,
And vows were not so brittle as they are,
But so it is, and nature has contrived
To struggle on without a break thus far, --
Whether or not we find what we are seeking
Is idle, biologically speaking.

~ Edna St. Vincent Millay, I Shall Forget


"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight and a half years ago. Dare not say that a man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant."

~ Jane Austen, Persuasion

4 comments

Lovely post Raven!

*dies a little bit from beauty*

The pictures = fabulous. I love them all! And the quotes are so beautiful. I really like the one from Jane Eyre. And the one from your own WIP = lovely. It holds its own against Austen & Bronte, and that's really something :D

REPLY

That picture with the dried roses really struck me for some reason. I honestly can't place it. Aahh. And the bird quote... awesome.

REPLY

Gorgeous post. I feel all zen now.

REPLY

These pictures are AWE-MAZING! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!

REPLY

Love Letters to Forever . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates