You're packing for a month on a deserted island. What, as a reader and writer, must be in your backpack?
I have been camping in the middle of nowhere. I have been to a "beach" in Florida. I'm really a city girl, but if by chance I should ever get to visit a deserted island for a month.
I would bring:
- A notebook (or two, or three, or four)
- My iPod
- Some books (If I can't fit all of the ones I want to take with me in my bookbag, then I'll just carry them in my arms. I don't mind.)
- Food to last me a month
- A portable tent
- A blanket (just in case there's a breeze)
- Really awesome sunglasses
- A pack of sparkly pink pens with the feathers on the top.
- A camera so I can take pictures of anything amazing I see. I mean, you never know. Hot mermen could really exist.
So, yeah, as a writer, a deserted island would be my ideal getaway. I like peace and quiet when I write. Correction - the only thing I like to hear when I'm writing is my music. If someone is talking to me, or standing over me, I can't really concentrate.
Last but not least, I would take all of my writer-buddies over at AW. I know they can't all fit in my bookbag, but...there's no harm in trying right?