8.6.15





It's that time of the year again!

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that lasts from now until August 31st. If you have a shiny new idea or a WIP that you want to work on this summer, this intensive is definitely for you. If you're interested in learning more, click this link. :)

This week's post is all about setting goals for both the summer and the week.

Here are mine:

GOALS FOR THE WEEK

  • Finish the chapter I'm working on 
  • Try to write at least 100 (this number will increase each week) words each day

GOALS FOR THE SUMMER 
  • Change what I have written of my wip so far from first to third person. That's like 30K words so...yeesh. 
  • Finish 14 chapters before I go back to school. It would be great if I can get more finished but between studying for the LSAT/my internship, getting that many chapters written might be a challenge. I'm up for it though! :)
  • Reward myself with reading whenever I meet a goal. I have a lot of books on my Kindle that I haven't gotten around to reading so this will help me get through my TBR list and it'll be a great way to rest my brain when I need a break from writing. 

I hope everyone is as excited as I am about Ready. Set. Write! starting back up again. What are your goals for the week/summer?


Thanks for reading! 

5 comments

Best of luck! Starting with small goals is a good plan. :)

REPLY

Love it. Very nice, manageable goals is awesome! And you can do it! Good luck this week and so glad to have you back for RSW!

REPLY

Good luck! I love the idea of adding to the daily word goal each week :) First to third? Yikes! Though my new project is in 3rd (I've only ever written 1st) and I'm LOVING the change. You got this :)

REPLY

Good luck on finishing the chapter and I like the dedication to write small amounts each day to build up!

REPLY

Good luck with your summer goals! I like your system of rewarding yourself when you reach a small goal. I'm giving myself a reward when I reach my entire summer goal, my fourth set of lobe piercings. It has to wait till the end of summer anyway, since I'm not going to be forbidden to go swimming for the first six weeks of healing when it's so hot!

REPLY

Love Letters to Forever . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates