4.6.12


I AM GRADUATING ON FRIDAY.

Sorry about the all-caps but I am super excited about almost being done with high school FOREVER. I'm going to college in the Fall and I just really can't wait to see what the world has to offer. Don't know when I'll blog next, but I just wanted to tell you guys that I decided that I need to stop chickening out when I get so close to finishing my wips. I'm going back to my YA Contemporary novel Things Left Unsaid which is currently at 33.1K. My intended goal is 55K, so I'm going to try to reach that this month because...I just really want to finish SOMETHING. At this point I don't care what it is. I don't know if I'll query TLU but the way I see it...this wip is a stepping stone. If I finish this one, then it's proof that I can finish anything!
The song for today is the first song on TLU's playlist.



Since tomorrow is Teaser Tuesday and I might forget to post tomorrow, here's an excerpt from the middle of chapter one:



“How about Randolf? The last time I checked he was single.”

“Isn't he into guys?"

“No, no. Everyone thinks that. He just isn’t good with the ladies.”

I’m sitting here thinking did he just say ‘good with the ladies’ when a boy looks my way. He’s sitting in a booth on the other side of the room and in the neon lights flashing above our heads I can see his crescent-shaped dimples, curly black hair, and electric blue eyes.

 This is not just any boy. This is Denise’s boyfriend.  Err…was Denise’s boyfriend. Even though they didn’t break up per se, they were obviously broken up. There was no way their relationship could continue unless he was secretly into necrophilia.

I highly doubted he was, though.

He didn’t seem like the type. Then again, how could you possibly tell? People who are attracted to dead bodies don’t just walk around telling people that they’re attracted to dead bodies.

“Do you know that guy coming towards us?” Danny asked, kicking me in my shin.

I managed to let out an “ouch” before I realized that the boy was in fact making his way over to our table, and he would be here any second. The closer he got the more not me I felt. What was I supposed to say to him? What was he going to say to me?

If there was a book about how to talk to your dead sister’s boyfriend, I needed it quick fast and – he was standing beside the table now, his lips pulled up at the corners in a polite smile, but I could see it in his eyes, he was just as hurt and confused as I was.

“I know you,” I said, lamely.

“I know you too.” He chuckled nervously and I wanted to hug him because finally here was someone who understood what I was going through.

Finally.

Thanks for reading! <3

Love Letters to Forever . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates