17.11.10

RTW: Crazy, crazy, crazy


Road Trip Wednesday is a meme hosted by the lovely ladies over at YA Highway. Every Wednesday they post a question that can be answered on everyone's respective blogs.



This week's topic:

"The winds in Washokey make people go crazy."

This is the first sentence of the amazing Kirsten Hubbard's debut novel LIKE MANDARIN which will finally hit the shelves next year. *squee*

If you are dying to figure out why the winds in Washokey make people go crazy, then enter YA HIGHWAY's contest for your chance to win your very own copy of LIKE MANDARIN.

Now it's your turn, write about a time you did something crazy, something that blew your mind, and changed your life forever.

I have never done any life changing, crazy things in my life. Mainly because I'm not a risk-taker.


Nor, am I a person who seeks out adventure.

I don't know why that is, because my mom is always telling me that when she was my age, she used to climb trees, and go running through her backyard chasing lightning bugs and catching them in jars, so that she could watch their lights flicker on and off, on and off, until they went out.

But me, I'm scared of anything.

So, the list of all of the crazy things I've done might not actually be crazy, but they are the closest I have come to trying to it.

1. When I graduated from middle school, I got it into my head that I would audition for a performing arts school for writing - of course. To make a long story short, I didn't end up getting in, but the reason why it's possibly one of the craziest things I have done is because, like I said, I don't take risk. So when I decided to audition for this school, I tried my best to stay optimistic, I tried telling myself that even if I didn't get in it didn't necessarily mean that I wasn't a good writer, it just meant that the school wasn't the right choice for me.

2. I went camping last summer, which is really a shock even to myself because I am not an outdoors person. Well, I would be if bugs didn't like biting me up every time I walk out the door. It was really fun and I met some really nice people who I wouldn't have never met if I didn't take the risk, push aside my own personal fears, and go.

3. NaNoWriMo should be on the top of my list. When I first participated, I didn't know what I was in for, but I will seriously never forget the endless nights, the waking up to go to school tired as hell, the insecurities about my writing, the pain of wanting to edit but not being able to. It was torture. PURE torture. I was going to do it this year, got about 5K in, and realized that now is definitely not a good time for me to get caught up in writing.


So...yeah those might not be crazy, but I still got some time. Maybe I'll go hiking or get on a rollercoaster for the first time...hehe we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment