23.8.10

Peeta vs. Gale

Everyone is picking sides.

In case you don't already know, I'm Team Gale. (See the badge in my sidebar)

Peeta, is sweet, don't get me wrong, but he's too sweet, he's too perfect, and though he makes bread, and says things that make you say "Aw..."

I don't buy it.

I'm not saying that I don't believe that Peeta loves Katniss, but I believe that their relationship was forced, whereas, Katniss and Gale have history.

And history is important.

I mean, he calls her Catnip, he hunts with her, he cares about her family, and because of the world they live in I think Gale is more capable than Peeta. He's stronger, he has this masculine, passionate feel to him that makes me swoon.

Though he didn't have too much show in the Hunger Games, Catching Fire really sealed the deal for me.

Sure he may be whiny at times, sure he make be harsh, and stoic at times but Gale actually cares about what Katniss wants, he actually knows what Katniss wants, and if they ended up together the plot-line would be more believable because Peeta and Katniss just met each other. Before the Hunger Games, Peeta didn't pay any mind to Katniss, and I just think because they were under life and death circumstances, Peeta and Katniss fell "in love".

And to point something else out: Katniss actually does like Gale. She may even love him.

So, yeah, I'm Team Gale all the way.

4 comments:

  1. Okay. Don't get me wrong. I do love Gale...but not for Katniss. They are just too similiar. I feel like Gale is the older brother that Katniss never had. And, I really believe that Katniss does love him but not in the romantic sense. Peeta, on the other hand, is everything Katniss is not, and can really ground her. Make her a better person.

    Yeah, I'm Team Peeta. All. The. Way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide. Honestly-- I go back and forth between them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pretty good feeling that Gale is the one she'll end up with. Just call it a gut thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. come enter my contest if you haven't already!!

    http://addktd2books.blogspot.com/2010/08/super-fantastic-end-of-revisions.html

    ReplyDelete