29.8.10

I JUST FINISHED MOCKINGJAY....

This is what my face looks like at the moment:


I honestly don't know what to think about the ending, considering the fact that I really though I knew for sure how it was going to end, but that is what I enjoyed most about this series, it wasn't predictable.

Most authors "lose their characters" when they write a series, and sometimes because of that, the reader knows what's going to happen, but Miss Collins kept Katniss's character true throughout all three books, and not only has she grown up, but she has become a three dimensional character, as well.

Mockingjay, in my opinion, was A LOT darker than the other two novels. Mainly because we got to see a little bit more inside Katniss's head whereas in the other two it was all about the Hunger Games and surviving and what not.

It got a little confusing at times, but it wasn't too confusing that you couldn't follow the plot. I thought, the writing, as usual, was brilliant, and we were introduced to new characters, as well as old ones.

Gale was in this book more than he has ever been in the series, which I had hoped, because Peeta had too much showtime in the first two books. The love triangle angle of this series was explored a little more, and I would like to say that I wasn't surprised to find out who Katniss ended up with...but I can't because as I was reading, I started to have doubts. I started saying to myself "No, she can't end up with him..." or "She has to kill him."

And it was just a rollercoaster ride, because I wanted to know who the hell she was going to end up with! I know that really isn't that important, but I just needed to know... THE SUSPENSE WAS KILLING ME.

There were some cute scenes. People who've read it? Am I the only one who thought the Finnick in his underwear scene was cute! OMG...Finnick. That was a shocker there.

I just can't begin to explain to those who haven't read Mockingjay yet...how complex this book was. Like I said, it was way darker, but you could tell the events that took place weren't for shock value, they made sense and stayed true to plot and.... I am so in love Suzanne Collins, because she wrote a series that had so many awesome qualities, and the characters were real, the writing was brilliant, the plot was original, and okay okay...the only thing I have to complain about is the names. I mean, come on, PEETA. Then all of those Roman/Greek names were KILLING me.

I was all like: "What the f**k?"

But I will forgive Miss Collins. Though some of those names were utterly atrocious...and one thing I couldn't get over was Tigris. If you read the book...somebody just tell me what the HELL WAS WRONG WITH TIGRIS. That woman freaked me out. OMG.

There were moments when I had to put the book down because it was getting to be too much to take in...not in a bad way...but Collins really went out with bang.

The state Katniss was in in the last few chapters...was wow. I don't blame her for the way she acted, and what she did, but... like I said on Facebook, if they make all three of these books into a movie they better get a DAMN good actress to play Katniss, because she doesn't need to be portrayed by some Disney wannabe.

Katniss is complex, she's kickass, and she's strong.

Mockingjay was definitely worth the wait, and I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read my copy of Hunger Games yet, but reading all these reviews makes me want to dive into the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! DIVE INTO THEM.

    The Hunger Games trilogy is AMAZING. And you're lucky all of them are out, because when I read Catching Fire it was almost five months (give or take a month) ago...and the wait for Mockingjay was torture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Disney Wanna be. OMG could you just see Miley Cyrus playing Katniss? Ack!

    I loved Mockingjay, loved everything about it, including the ending. It was dark, but then war is dark and if it had been light and fluffy at the end i don't think it would have felt right. I too am now a Suzanne Collins fan for life!!

    ReplyDelete