8.2.10

Question # 1: If you had to pick one genre to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?


Last week I got a lot of lovely questions. Thank you guys!

But I put all of them in a bag, shook it up, and pulled one out.

Today's question is from Chanelle:

If you had to pick one genre to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Wow this is a good question. But it is also extremely hard to answer. I love so many different genres, but I guess I would have to say Paranormal Romance.

This is only because I am a hopeless romantic and I love vampires, werewolves, demons, and other creatures of the night.

Books like Twilight (please don't cringe) and Hush, Hush and Shiver fascinate me because you're taking a creature that is not real and putting it in a real-world setting. So it's almost like you can walk through the forest and run into a werewolf or be bitten by a vampire or be saved by a mermaid.

When I read a book, I want to be taken to a different world that is much like my own in many ways, but in other ways it is not.

Paranormal Romance does that for me. I don't know if I can write that genre but I definitely love reading it.

If I were asked to pick two genres, the other one would be Contemporary. Mainly because I love the truth in it. Contemporary writers like Sarah Dessen, John Green, Hannah Moskowitz, and Courtney Summers are brilliant and I wouldn't mind reading stories like theirs for the rest of my life, either.

2 comments:

  1. Great answer, and I quite agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart paranormal romances. They open up a world of possibilities :))

    And I swear by contemporary, lol!

    ReplyDelete