12.12.09

What I'm Working On



So, I decided to introduce a little order to my impossibly boring blog. In the side bar you will see a schedule that I may or may not follow. If I don't follow it, I give you permission to yell at me.

Today I will be talking about what I am writing now. After NaNoWriMo, I thought I was going to be drained of my creative juices. Seriously, churning out 50K in 30 days isn't good for the mind. I thought I was going to die by the end of November.

But strangely, I kept getting ideas. Ideas that were freakishly awesome. Ideas that I wanted to write.

Like a good writer, I made myself ignore those ideas while I tried desperately to edit Mirror, Mirror, but soon I couldn't do it anymore and now I have started something new.

It's called Playing the Field. I posted a teaser from it on Tuesday, if you want to check it out.

But, anyways, Playing the Field is about a girl named Darcy Jensen. She's really determined and tough and she doesn't let anything push her down, until her little sister, Shelley, gets pregnant and has a baby. No one knew she was pregnant and so it was kind of a surprise when Shelley called her family from the hospital and said she had given birth to a baby girl.

No one was supposed to find out about what happened, because Mr. and Mrs. Jensen are all about appearances and they just want to have a perfect family. But once Darcy confided in Marnie, her best friend, everyone at school found out and now not only is Shelley being talked about at school, but Darcy is too.

Playing the Field is about rumors and learning how to get back up once those rumors push you down. It's a story about figuring out who to trust and who not to trust.

Not only am I working on Playing the Field, but I am also planning a steampunk/fantasy/adventure story that centers around a brother and sister who know a secret that could get them killed. I'm still working out the kinks but that's what I'm working on in a nutshell.

So, what about you? What are you writing?

5 comments:

  1. Playing the Field sounds brilliant! I really like it! And the steampunk/fantasy sounds cool!

    I'll do a blog post on this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I am having so much fun writing it! And I'll be looking forward to your post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!

    You are so creative Raven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, the schedule's fab :)
    And, Playing the Field sounds awesome, but I do hope you won't totally shelf Mirror, Mirror 'cos I absolutely LOVED reading your teasers on tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing the Field sounds awesome! And I like the sound of this steampunk... :)

    ReplyDelete