30.12.09

Saying Goodbye to 2009 and Hello to 2010

Saying Goodbye to 2009 and Hello to 2010

So we are counting down to the new year. And guys, it is almost here. *squeals* It's still so hard to believe. But before I say goodbye to 2009, I want to talk about all the memorable things that happened this year, all the things I loved about this year, so this may be a HUGE post.


1. MUSIC

Music is important to me, in so many ways. Without it I think I would go CRAZY. Seriously.

So, in no particular order, here's a list of songs that I LOVED in 2009:

  1. Two is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift.
  2. All the Right Moves by One Republic
  3. I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin
  4. Run This Town by Jay-Z ft. Rihanna & Kanye West
  5. Meet Me on the Equinox by Death Cab for Cutie
  6. Meet Me Halfway by Black Eyed Peas
  7. Whaddya Want From Me by Adam Lambert
  8. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
  9. Fade Away by Breaking Benjamin
  10. Ignorance by Paramore
There's a lot more songs that were awesome in 2009, but those are the 10 that I listen to a lot when I'm writing or just because I feel like listening to it.

2. MIRROR, MIRROR


This was my NaNo novel. The first idea to make it past 14,000 words in a long long time. Before November, I thought I was a failure. I thought that I was the worst writer in the world because I couldn't finish a novel. I felt like I wasn't dedicated enough to be a writer, but I did it. I wrote a novel. No, it is not near being finished but I found characters that speak to me, characters I will love and cherish. I just started editing it a couple of days ago and even though it's going slowly, it's going well. I hope I will be able to finish it in 2010.

Also I want to say that I just love Kendall. Her voice never leaves me. I know her as well as my own self and without her I don't think I would be able to finish this novel.

3. MY AW PEEPS


I joined Absolute Write back in June. Before then I had already been a member of YWS (Young Writers Society) for two years, and I loved that site to pieces. I've made a lot of good online friends, helped other writers become better at their writing, and I just loved being there, but the site was changing, and I felt like I was changing. So I left. And I ventured onto a site called Absolute Write, not knowing what to expect. I was so scared, and I didn't know what to do. I felt like a little fish in ENORMOUS pond. But then I stumbled onto the Young Adult forum and I have been there ever since.

I thank God for giving me the chance to know such lovely people. You don't know how much you guys mean to me. I have grown as a writer, as a person, because of you guys.

In no particular order, I would like to think: Becca, Sushi, Amna, Red, Bailey, Choco, Emilia, Ink, Krista, Hound, Kathleen, Sarah, Selena and Serena, Laurie, free cashews, Static Void, Margo, Sandy, Snow, MA, Kody, Karla, Chan, Laura, paranormal chick, Lily, Horserider, Elusive, Steph, Vroth, Lia, Parametric, Jamie B, Ad, half.jaded., J.S. Wood, Vero, and if I missed anyone I am so sorry. I just want to thank all my twifties and everyone at the OPWFT forum for getting me through 2009, for helping my writing better, my voice stronger. I couldn't have gotten through 2009 without you guys, and I wish all of you a Happy New Year.

4. BOOKS

Books are my life. I'd rather stay at home, curled up on the couch, my nose stuffed in a book than be outside braving the world. It's sad, but true. When I read, I am spirited away to another world. Well, that's only if the book I read is written so well that I can't put it down.

In no particular order, here are some books that blew me away in 2009:

  1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
  2. Break by Hannah Moskowitz
  3. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves (It's coming out in 2010, so look out for this book.)
  4. The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare
  5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
  6. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
  7. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
5. MYSELF

Haha, I don't mean to be conceited but I did love myself this year. I'm a year older, a year wiser and I've managed to survive a school I hate for almost a whole year. So that's something to love about 2009, right?


I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I think this is it for now. This will be my LAST post before the New Year. Isn't that exciting?

Oh, one thing I do want to mention is: BE SAFE. No, I'm not going all Edward Cullen on you guys, I just don't want you partying too hard, and losing your minds. Drink responsively and just have fun. I mean, it's NEW YEARS EVE. *ahem*







5 comments:

  1. happy new year, and best of luck with mirror, mirror! writing a complete novel is daunting, but so rewarding...I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo, go Ely! Yay for Mirror, Mirror :D Sounds like you had an awesome year.

    And Happy New Years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list, Ely! 2009 was good for you... and I bet 2010 will be just as well (if not BETTER!)

    Happy New Years<3!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY I'm so excited for you and MM!

    Happy New Year's!

    <3333lcoks

    ReplyDelete