2.12.09

Roadtrip Wednesday # 9: My Literary Crushes

A good book doesn't really need a crush-worthy love interest to be good, but as writers and readers, we know it couldn't hurt.

When a writer creates a love interest with layers and flaws and give them a complete drool-factor, then readers like us love them and want to do things with him that might not be appropriate. (Like kissing. You thought I was talking about something else didn't you?)

Hehe, with that being said, here is the list of my literary crushes:


1. Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre

He was seriously my first crush ever. I read Jane Eyre when I was eleven, and at the time Mr. Rochester was my dream guy. He was dark and brooding and mysterious and he had enough flaws to last a lifetime. I loved the fact that he wasn't hot (though the Mr. Rochester in my mind is super smexxy and the Toby Stephens one is yummy) and he wasn't your normal love interest. He had enough emotional baggage and I just loved Mr. Rochester. He was all I could think about, dream about. I really think the Bronte sisters were perfect for creating extremely yummy love interest.


2. Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights

I read Wuthering Heights in two nights over the summer. I couldn't put it down and that was mainly because Heathcliff was so interesting. He was a hot villain who had a heart, who had feelings. I love how on the outside he was coarse and rough-edged but on the inside he was softened by his love for Cathy.


3. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice

Need I say more? I mean, really, who doesn't like Mr. Darcy? Who doesn't like any of Miss Austen's love interest? Edward Ferrars would be next in line after Mr. Darcy, since I'm talking about love interest created by Jane Austen.


4. Edward Cullen from the Twilight saga

Don't give me hell about this, I seriously had a crush on Edward when I was reading Twilight. I still do. Since I am a fan of all the great love interest in the time of Thomas Hardy and Charlotte Bronte, I appreciate Edward. I couldn't honestly say he's up there with Mr. Rochester and Mr. Darcy but he has a special place in my heart. Plus, he's a vampire.


5. Wes from The Truth About Forever

He's sweet, artistic, and super sexy. If you haven't read this book, then do so, now. Wes is yummy and I just want to snuggle with him.


6. Patch from Hush, Hush

He is H-O-T. That taco scene...whoa. When I read Hush, Hush he literally made me go crazy and I just love him. He is possibly my most recent literary crush.

7. Sam from Shiver

He is super sweet, has a way with words, fragile but so strong, a deep lover and he writes lyrics in his head. I love Sam. Thank you, Miss Stiefvater.


8. Adrian and Dmitri from the Vampire Academy series

Adrian is funny, childish and super hot and Dmitri...Blood Promise...yum.

9. Kostas from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Even though I ended up not liking him in the end, he was sweet and romantic and pretty sexy.


1o. Jace from The Mortal Instruments series

He is bad-ass, cocky, arrogant, and just so lovable.


Okay, so this was my massive list of literary crushes. I have loads more to add to this list but it's already enormous and so I will leave it at ten.


4 comments:

  1. Great list! Nothing wrong with crushing on Edward--it's not like you're the only person in the world who feels that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dmitri! I forgot that one. That's a good one. I have got to read Hush,Hush. A hot taco scene? Sounds interesting lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your classic lit crushes, especially. The original frustrating and wonderfully teasing men!

    ReplyDelete