9.12.09

Roadtrip Wednesday # 10: Getting to Know Me


1) What are the three best books you've read this year?


This has to be the hardest question EVER. I can't really pick only three books but um...

  • Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - This book really blew me away. I mean, every word on every page was beautiful and the story of Sam and Grace made me smile, it made me laugh. It isn't often that I come across a beautifully written book. Sure I read a lot of great books, but I can't say all of them were beautiful. Shiver was like poetry. Every word touched me.
  • Stay With Me by Garret Freymann-Weyr - I randomly picked this book up from my school library because I needed to do a book report. Let's just say that I devoured this book in two days. I only put it down to go to sleep and eat. This was a real love story. Eamon was a lovable love interest and Leila was a really great MC. It was fun being in her head and one thing that I absolutely adore about Stay With Me is that it is not a disgusting story. Even though the age difference between Leila and Eamon is great, it seems so real, so right. And even though their relationship wouldn't be accepted in our society, it would be a crime if they weren't together.
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - I am a huge fan of Jane Eyre and when reading Wuthering Heights, I could tell that the Bronte sisters were extremely talented. This book was intense and the love between Heathcliff and Catherine made me want to cry. It made me want to hide, because it was just so intense. And even though it wasn't told through the voice of Heathcliff or Catherine, I could still feel them. I could still understand who they were as characters. Wuthering Heights made me shiver, it made me cry, it made my heart hurt for both Catherine and Heathcliff. Beautiful, beautiful, story.

2) If you could meet one author (living or dead), who would it be?

If I could meet one author, it would have to be Charlotte Bronte. Jane Eyre was the first book that really got me to want to write. I had been writing a long time before then, but after reading Jane Eyre I knew I wanted to become more serious about my writing.

I would want to meet her because I want to thank her for creating such great characters and for writing a beautiful book, that I read over and over again. I want to thank her for getting me interested in writing.

3) What book are you most looking forward to in 2010?

All of them? Haha, honestly The Tenners books all look awesome but some books I'm really looking forward to reading is The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. I want to find out who this Wes character is because she insist that he's way better than Nathan (whom I love) Plus, the premise sounds amazing and awesome.

Another book I really want to read is Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken. The cover is beautiful and the first chapter is even more beautiful. Plus, I haven't read a good fantasy book in a long long time.

And lastly I really want to read Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers. I'm patiently waiting for Christmas so I can read Cracked Up To Be and after reading four chapters of CUTB on Courtney Summers' website and...wow.


4 comments:

  1. Nice list!
    Shiver was a pretty good book--I had trouble with the characters (okay, just Grace) at first, but by the end, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think I liked Sam more than I liked Grace. Her side of the story just got boring after awhile and I found myself hurriedly reading through her parts just so I could get to Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh The Duff. What is this? Everyone's talking about it.

    ReplyDelete