30.12.09

Ready for the New Year ?

I am NOT ready. Because the New Year to means, I have to go back to school and I have work on resolving my resolutions. I fail at that every year, but this year, this year is going to be different.

Here are some of my resolutions:

  • Finish Mirror, Mirror: I have to finish this book. I HAVE to. I need to finish editing it and fixing up the plot holes and I have actually finish it. So this book is going to massive once I get through with it. Who knows if it will ever be query-able, but at least I'll have one decent novel under my belt.
  • Exercise more: I've become less active and I really didn't intend to, it's just after I get home from school I'm spent. Seriously, school is like a huge energy-drainer. But it will be the Spring time soon and I can go on walks. I can do a lot more moving around than I do now.
  • Read more: My library is so small compared to my mom's. She has like four bookcases full of books and I only have one two shelves, which is not good. I'm going to demand that she buys me more books. Let's see how that works out for me.
  • Get a job: Okay, I don't know if I mentioned my dilemma. I can't get a job because I'm 15 and nobody will hire me. I wanted to work at my local grocery store but I need to be 16 in order to get the job. Which is not fair, because I want to make my own money. I want to be able to actually have something in my wallet other than my school ID and some loose change.
  • Write another book: I want to start something new right after I finish polishing MM. I have so many ideas and I don't want to abandon them. So if I finish another book in this year, I'll be beyond happy.

My New Year's Resolution list seems amazingly short, but these are HUGE resolutions. I might add to this list later on but now these are the things I'm focusing on.

How about you? What are your New Year's Resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. Finishing Mirror, Mirror will be such an accomplishment! When I finished Pandora, it was one of the most exciting days of my life...then I realized how much editing had to be done haha Just take it in stride. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Melissa said :D You go, Raven! And I feel you with the wallet thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also remember to focus on the fact that you're awesome, this year and next! ^^

    ReplyDelete