21.12.09

Official Kissing Day

So, according to Elana Johnson, it is the official kissing day. If you want you can go around and start kissing people, but I'd rather just post a kissing scene from one of my novels, especially since it's flu season.

If you are participating, please leave a link to your kissing scene.

This scene is from Playing the Field


"What happened was a..." Bradly started.

"Was a mistake?" The words burned my tongue. I fought back the tears burning in my eyes.

Bradley closed his eyes and sighed. Coward. He couldn't even look at me.

"That's not what I was..."

"Then what were you going to say?" The tears started burning paths down my cheeks. "Come on, spit it out, Hart. Tell me that what we have is stupid and worthless. Tell me you hate me more than anything in this world. I want to hear you say that this was all..."

He pushed me back against the wall, his large muscular frame, on my small one. I felt weak and defenseless. A part of me needed his warmth, his nearness, but the other part of me just wanted to be rid of it for good.

Bradley stared at me, a tired look in his eyes. His lips trembled, and I thought he would start crying. But that was preposterous. He didn't cry. Bradley Hart was too self-righteous, too rough-edged to cry or show emotion.

"I hate you," he whispered, "I hate everything about you. I hate.." His words were swallowed whole by my lips.

I was ready to be rejected. I knew I was going to be rejected. In a matter of seconds, Bradley was going to push me away and walk out of my life forever. It was what I wanted.

It was also what I didn't want. But I needed his kiss.

I needed to feel his lips on my lips for one last time.

My heart raced, as he kissed me back. At first his lips moved against mines gently, tenderly, as if he were afraid to break me.

I reached for his hands in the darkness, and situated them on my hips. I looked into his eyes, reassuring him, guiding him.

He kissed me harder, and soon I couldn't tell where my body began and where his ended.

5 comments:

  1. I love the emotions in this kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like how we really want to slap Bradley and then it gets all hot! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the best kissing scene I've ever read...by far :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amna - It seems like every kissing scene I write, involves tears. I don't know why...lol. But thanks!

    Krista - Thanks! Yeah, Brad is just one of those characters that you want to slap.

    Melissa - Awe, thanks. I'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scene! I love the emotion too!

    ReplyDelete