25.12.09

Merry Christmas!


I want to wish everyone who is reading this a Merry Christmas!

I hope you are enjoying time with your family and listening to all the great holiday songs.

I already opened my presents. Some people might think it's a bit too early for that, but Christmas is different in my house.

For years my Mom has had to work on Christmas and so I never really had a real Christmas with a tree, lights and a huge dinner.

I got my presents either the day before or the day after. When I was a little kid, I used to have to make up my Christmas for kids who would ask me what I did. And to make things worse, we always had to write about what we did for a warm-up in English class.

This year, I am happy to say my Mom is home for Christmas. I don't believe in lights or decorations or even a tree, but she's home for Christmas and we're going to spend the rest of the day cooking up the rest of the food.

And then we're going to watch Christmas movies, eat cake, and drink hot chocolate. So my Christmas has been very laid back so far. Nothing too strenuous, nothing too glamorous.

As for gifts, I got a lot more than I asked for, which is great. It was stuff I really needed, which is also great.

But my favorite gifts are the books. I got Beautiful Creatures, Jellicoe Road, Break (finally!) Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater, and Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers.

So as you can see, I'm going to be busy reading over my break.

I hope everyone else is having a great Christmas. Be sure to stay safe and warm.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Cracked Up to Be! That's so great that you got to spend xmas with yor mom. Merry xmas Raven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Raven!

    I'm so happy you get to spend it with your mum and those are awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late-Christmas :]. Those are all books on my list also... you've inspired me to go beg my mother to book-shop with me.

    ReplyDelete