31.12.09

Last Minute Book Survey

Remember I said last post was my last post for 2009? Well, I was wrong. THIS is my last post for 2009. YA Highway is giving away Fire by Kristin Cashore. I really want to read that book, don't you? Well, if so, head over there and find out what you have to do.

BOOKS
  • Most imaginative: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  • Funniest: Audrey! Wait by Robin Benway
  • Scariest: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Edgiest contemporary: Break by Hannah Moskowitz
  • Creepiest SF/dystopia:
  • Most evocative historical: Atonement by Ian McEwan
  • Best love story: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

SCENES
  • Most hilarious:
  • Scariest:
  • Most disturbing: The beginning of Break by Hannah Moskowitz
  • Steamiest: The make-out scenes between Jace & Clary and a couple of scenes in Blood Promise by Richelle Mead.
  • Most exciting:
  • Biggest tear-jerker: The scene where Grace almost lost Sam in Shiver.
  • Best plot twist/revelation (no spoilers!!):

CHARACTERS
  • Best couple: Jace and Clary from the Mortal Instrument series & Sam and Grace from Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
  • Who you'd want as your best friend: Sam from Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Who you fell in love with: Dmitri from Blood Promise by Richelle Mead, Sam from Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, Jace & Simon from the Mortal Instrument series.
  • Worst (best?) villain: Valentine from the Mortal Instrument series
  • Best character twist (who you loved, then hated, or vice versa): Wyatt from Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves. (It's coming out in 2010, but some scenes I felt like hugging Wyatt and then others I just wanted to slap him.)
  • Best character names: I didn't read the whole book and it's on sub, but I think the book with the best character names goes to City of Shadows by Kristin Otts.
  • Worst character names:
  • Favorite all-around kickass female: Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
  • Favorite all-around kickass male: Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instrument series
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Best book cover: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater I love how simple this cover is and I especially like the red dot in the center. It's a small ball of warmth, in a world full of coldness.
  • Best title: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  • Most memorable voice: Break by Hannah Moskowitz
  • Most memorable first line: Break by Hannah Moskowitz
  • Best setting: the Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare
  • Most beautiful writing: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
  • Will any of the books you've read in 2009 make your life list of Favorite Books?

(I'll finish this later)

5 comments:

  1. yes...Hush, Hush has made the list :) One book I thought I'd love though...it definitely disappointed haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Theif, Water For Elephants, Franny and Zooey...

    none published this year, but all amazing! Great list, Raven. Have an AWESOME New Year! :]<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great survey! Wish I had seen it before, but I've only just discovered your lovely blog. :) Anyway, I totally agree with your funniest and most evocative historical choices - Audrey & Atonement were both AMAZING books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and yes, two books I've read in 2009 made it to my all time fav list: Wintergirls & Before I Fall! I was totally blown away by both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel - Patch *drools* Haha.

    Lia - I've been hearing so many good things about The Book Thief. I have to read it! I'm late, but I hope you had an awesome New Year :)

    Bookalicious - Thanks! I laughed to the point of tears while reading Audrey! Wait. I haven't read a book that funny in a long time.

    Wintergirls and Before I Fall are both on my list of books to read. That list seems to be getting bigger and bigger by the minute lol!

    *goes to follow your blog*

    ReplyDelete