24.11.09

Teaser Tuesday

Happy Teaser Tuesday guys!

I'll try to get to everyone's after I get home from school.


***

We crashed behind a tree. Our hearts beating rapidly, and our breath labored. His skin touched my skin. My skin touched his. I rest my head on his shoulder, breathing in and out, in and out, chest moving, up and down, up and down. I felt like a roller coaster. I wanted this ride to be over.

Low's hair brushed my forehead. It was soft and gentle, like a butterfly wing.

"Why the fuck did you do that?"

"Do what?" he breathed.

"You know, put yourself between me and Jax, like that," I replied. "It was stupid and..."

"A simple 'thank you' would have sufficed," Low said, looking down at me from under his eyelashes.

"And it was sweet," I finished. "It was heroic."

"You're welcome." We sat like that for a while, listening to the birds chirping and our hearts slowing down.

"We should get back. Tell the others," Low said, suddenly.

I will never admit this to him, but I liked sitting with him. Just sitting with him. It was nice not feeling the awkward tingle in my gut, whenever he was near. It was like old times, when we were just a little boy and a little girl, playing in the mud and playing hide-and-seek.

He started to stand up. I tugged him back down.

"No," I said.

He looked down at me, as always, kindness painting his irises.

"Stay," I continued. "Just stay for a little longer."

Low nodded, his hair blowing in the wind.

"For a little while longer."

I rest my head tentatively against Low's chest, and though it didn't feel right, it didn't feel wrong either. He placed his arm around me, smoothing out the goosebumps that were spreading up my arms. And I didn't complain.

I didn't pull away.

Instead something warm and heavy built up inside of me. It traveled to my head, until I couldn't see. My vision was blurred and wet, hot droplets were raining down my cheeks.

I was crying. I didn't know why, but I was crying. Not for Jax, not for me, not for anything in particular really.

I was just crying.

Low pulled me closer to him. He was like a security blanket, warm and soft. I snuggled up close to him, letting my tears tattoo his shirt.

"Some day, we're gonna to leave this town." He started to sing. I closed my eyes and got lost in the melody.

"We're gonna follow the roads of our hearts. Some day we're gonna leave this town. Not caring where the road ends or how it starts."

Low had a beautiful voice. It was one of those deep voices, that had the ability to shake you to your core. I felt his voice on my skin and in my bones, and soon in my heart. Soon, I couldn't help but wonder if we were ever going to make it out, away from this family, this life.

I loved Kip and Candi, Trix and maybe if I tried hard enough, I could love Pris. They were the only family I've ever known, but I couldn't live like this. In a world full of people, I feel so alone. I feel isolated, like my life is confined in a box and no matter how much I want out, I can't get out. I'm stuck and the walls are closing in on me.

I want out.

I want out.

18 comments:

  1. Very nice!! I love how she is drawn to him, but not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so beautiful and heart-felt. I especially loved this: In a world full of people, I feel so alone. The repetition of words in the beginning mimicked their heartbeats, and that was just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the part with him singing. :) This was really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet teaser. I loved the description when she started crying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it. It's beautiful and I wanna know more. Just be careful of the tense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely made me wonder what was going on with her and what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made me very curious about her relationship with Low.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, Low's so sweet :D
    And I noticed there's so much crying in this WIP. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I remember this from FNW or MDW...I loved it then, and I love it now. Very hot at the beginning, and I love the singing. Awesome! Keep this one coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your characters. I want to know more about... well, everything. Really good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I also read this in FNW! Really heart-tugging scene. I love when Low starts singing, and at the end, when she feels trapped. The repetiiton of the last line is perfect--it really ups the emotional ante.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how beautifully this is written! The writing definitely draws me in and the character.

    PHWOAR. They are just so.... Enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww. So sweet. And lovely emotion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your writing! It's so beautiful and heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, gotta love it when a boy sings to a girl. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe!!! I think I'm really likin' Low :) I always for a good LI.

    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice buildup to a sweet moment between these two characters. (I did notice a shift in tense toward the end.)

    ReplyDelete